Specialized multiaxis programming for headporting
Mastercam Port Expert creates accurate, efficient engine cylinder headporting toolpaths on port surface or solid data. It minimizes unnecessary motion at the machine, which results in a highly efficient toolpath with superior finish quality. It can also be used for any tube type work that is similar in design to a port. Port Expert uses a tapered lollipop tool, and has collision checks for the entire tool (shank, arbor, and holder).
There are multiple cutting options available with Mastercam Port Expert.You can cut only the top; cut only the bottom; or specify how much stock to leave on the entire port.
The Port Expert toolpaths use 3-axis machining as far into the port as possible, and then convert automatically to 5-axis motion with minimum tilt. This leaves no fishtails or inefficient reverse moves, and smoothly transitions where the toolpaths meet at the middle of the port.
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Port Expert provides both roughing and finishing toolpaths to make ports from castings or billets.
- Geometry can be made of multiple surfaces that are stitched together since Port Expert supports unlimited surfaces.
- Automatically calculates optimal tilt angles so there is no need to split the surface or create tool axis control splines.
- Mastercam’s simulation proceeds step-by-step through the toolpath, even showing the motion used in transition at
the middle of the port.
- Generates 5-axis code that can run any CNC machine.
- Simplifies the programming of complex port shapes.
- Greatly decreases programming time.