3D Scanning, Reverse Engineering & Inspection
Cimquest has the experienced staff to perform 3D Scanning tasks by using 3D scanning for reverse engineering, quality inspection, design, prototyping, digital restoration, digital archiving, visualization, analysis and duplication.
Create and Access Manufacturing Data
3D scanning enables you to create and access data that can then be used in the manufacturing process to help you measure parts, create CAD data, make parts fit, improve quality, and more.
3D scanning is generally the first step in reverse engineering complex parts. The main goal of reverse engineering is to create a 3D CAD model for use in the customer’s CAD system. Point clouds can then be triangulated into a polygon mesh, or STL file which can then be suitable for 3D printing, reverse engineering and/or quality inspection.
3D Scanning Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
An assortment of structured light and laser scanners to handle any scanning project
- Return closed, manifold scans.
- Perform reverse engineering services into a variety of native CAD and Neutral or kernel files.
- Perform inspection services, comparing scan to a nominal CAD model.
- Scan for model creation for import into FEA products like Ansys, Cosmos, Moldex3D, etc.
- Scan to 3D Print
- Scan to CNC machine – Convert scans into solid or surface models, suitable for CNC toolpath generation.
- Scan for Web Assets – Creation of scans, suitable for Web design, video game design, AR/VR.
- IRIS Destructive Scanner – Accuracy of +/-.0005” – Plastic part is destroyed during process but we can capture all internal features. Intended for first article injection mold cavity inspection.