Tough 2000 Resin is a reformulation of Formlab’s popular Tough Resin, offering more advanced mechanical properties and a new dark grey finish. Compared to Tough Resin, this material reformulation brings:
- Reduced brittle failures: Increased elongation by more than 100%.
- Improved strength and stiffness: Increased flexural strength and flexural modulus by roughly 15%.
- Better performance at elevated temperatures: Increased heat deflection temperature by roughly 25%.
- Professional-looking parts: New grey color.
Tough 2000 Resin is the strongest and stiffest material in the functional family of Tough and Durable Resins, with “2000” representing the material’s tensile modulus. In developing this material, Formlabs simultaneously improved elongation, strength, and stiffness, which are typically competing for mechanical properties.
It is ideal for:
- Strong and stiff prototypes
- Jigs and fixtures requiring minimal deflection
- Simulating the strength and stiffness of ABS
Choose Tough 2000 Resin for prototyping strong and sturdy parts that should not bend easily, such as housings and enclosures, jigs and fixtures, mechanical connectors, and prototypes undergoing wear and tear.
For more information on Formlabs materials, please click the button below.