The Best of Both Worlds
Mastercam is a SOLIDWORKS Gold Partner
SOLIDWORKS users will feel at ease with the Mastercam machining tree, which delivers quick access to any point in the machining process. Mastercam users will recognize the shop-tested parameter screens and options with which they are already familiar.
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS combines the world’s leading modeling software with the world’s most widely-used CAM software. With Mastercam toolpaths integrated directly within the SOLIDWORKS environment, the toolpaths are applied directly to the part or assembly. And intelligent use of Design Tables and multiple Configurations makes working with families of parts easy.
Flexible and Expandable
Once you program a part, no matter how complex, you can modify any element of the job, and immediately get updated toolpaths. You can also build a library of your favorite machining strategies, apply them to a part, and Mastercam helps adapt them to the new model. Because Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS is a fully integrated SOLIDWORKS Certified Gold Partner, it’s fast, easy, and productive. The way programming should be.
Serious 2D Capability
Your daily needs for 2D machining can range from simple to very complex. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS delivers the tools you need.
- Feature Based Machining (FBM) automatically programs prismatic solid model pockets, contours, and drilling routines.
- Contour and pocket remachining use smaller tools to automatically clean out material left from previous operations.
Dynamic Motion powers much of our 2D suite, constantly adapting to create smoother, safer motion.
Our Finish is More Finished
Mastercam delivers superior ﬁnishes and optimized cycle times. Our smart hybrid ﬁnishing creates a single toolpath that changes cut methods as the slope of the model changes. And our reﬁned 3D toolpaths give you the smooth, precision ﬁnish to please even your toughest customers.
- Dramatically efficient roughing powered by Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology.
- Constant scallop machining maintains a consistent ﬁnish on sloped and ﬂat surfaces alike.
- Constant-Z rest milling (remachining) identiﬁes and machines areas that need to be cut with a smaller tool.
- Pencil tracing walks a tool along intersections to clean out hard-to-reach areas, such as internal fillets.
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS gives you streamlined control over the three crucial elements of multiaxis machining: cut pattern, tool axis control, and collision avoidance. From 4-axis rotary and roll die cutting to multiblade impellers with tight internal cuts, Mastercam helps simplify even the most complex jobs. Other highlights include:
- Multisurface 5-axis roughing and ﬁnishing (including depth cuts), plunge roughing, and ﬂowline machining.
- Swarf machining over multisurface ﬂoors.
- Advanced gouge checking and a 5-axis “safe zone” around the work piece.
- Fast, simple 5-axis trimming and stock-aware drilling.
- Create full 5-axis motion from a 3-axis toolpath.
Fully Integrated Turning for SOLIDWORKS
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS’ powerful turning strategies complement our milling toolpaths, giving you a complete toolkit from basic ﬁnishing, to face and cross contour and drilling, and more. Toolpath veriﬁcation helps you run the most complex toolpaths on your machine, and Machine and Control Definition ensure your parts are done right the first time.
- Easy roughing, finishing, threading, grooving, boring, drilling, and cut oﬀ.
- Dynamic Motion roughing extends insert life.
- Intelligent ID and OD roughing, including roughing to a boundary for castings.
- Tool Inspection lets you automatically stop machining, allowing you to check the insert during your roughing, finishing, and grooving operations.